[blue/fish] Boost – Nanolog Edition
Out of stock
Please Note: The [blue/fish] Nanolog Edition is presently sold out. Please contact us to get on the list for the next run, coming soon!
The [blue/fish] Boost: This pedal offers two unique boost channels – Loud and Louder – that can be used individually, or can be stacked together. Each features its own passive volume control, and there is an optional clipping section which follows the Louder channel. The Loud channel adds some warmth to your tone, while the Louder channel is a clean boost that is more apt to break up – in a good way.
Like other pedals in the [fish] Series, the [blue/fish] features a solid curly maple faceplate, cut and etched by our friends at Griffen Hollow Studio. The [blue/fish] was developed for electric blues guitar, but we have found it to be equally at home on acoustic – particularly the Loud channel. It pairs well with other effects, particularly overdrive and light modulation.read more
- Loud: The warmer of the two channels, giving your guitar’s tone color and character.
- Louder: The cleaner of the two channels, but more apt to break up when driven. The Louder channel must be active for the Clipping Selector switch to function.
- Germanium Diode Clipping (Switch Left) – this option compresses your signal, both lowering the volume and flattening the peaks. This setting sounds like your guitar signal is being “squished.”
- Clipping Bypassed (Switch Upright) – this option bypasses the clipping section all together and allows the boost channels to ring out uninhibited.
- Nanolog N3 Clipping (Switch Right) – Nanolog devices are a new addition to the guitar pedal world. According to their website, Nanolog devices are a new class of electronic component, and operate using “molecular electronics”. A single Nanolog Device can replace a pair of clipping diodes (silicon, germanium) and even pre-amp tubes to create dynamic, warm, and organic overdriven tones. These devices are 100% analog, and as such, they have a very low milliamp draw. The softer clipping of these devices eliminates much of the harsh, “tin-like” buzziness that traditional diodes create. Additionally, the devices provide a warmer low-mid range response, and overall increased dynamics. This option smooths out the rough edges in the dirt setting and is more appropriate for acoustic guitar and for traditional blues.
|Dimensions:||2.6″ x 5.0″ x 2.3″|
|Input:||1/4″ Instrument (Mono)|
|Output:||1/4″ Instrument (Mono)|
|Power:||9V; 2.1mm DC Jack|
|Consumption:||< 100 mA|
Signal Chain: True bypass switching with mono input and output. Lumberg audio and DC power jacks.